1. A DAY IN YOUR LIFE .. I make sure our visitors get the very best of their time spent with us. Every day is different. One day I could be in the Aquarium and the next I’ll be at the entrance welcoming members of the public and making sure school groups know where to go. I love it! ⭐️⭐️⭐️
2. WHAT PART DO YOU THINK MUSEUMS PLAY IN THE UPBRINGING OF OUR CHILDREN? Museums offer children of all ages a safe environment to learn and explore. They can ignite a lifetime of curiosity and bring the world to life. I vividly remember coming to the Horniman as a child, the magic of exploring the Natural History Gallery, with all its animals from across the globe. And who could forget the famous Walrus! Museums inspire and enlighten our children and play a huge and vital role in their upbringing 🙌🙌🙌🙌
3. WHAT EVENTS/EXHIBITIONS WOULD YOU RECOMMEND FOR FAMILIES? There is so much to offer families, there are different events and activities going on almost every day. Busy Bees is a free sessions for under 5’s which is very popular, it runs most Tuesday and Wednesdays. Art Makers sessions are held on selected Saturdays and are also great fun. And of course the Robot Zoo! The kids absolutely love it!
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE OBJECT IN THE MUSEUM? It has got to be the Merman. He joined the collection in 1982 and was known then as a ‘Japanese Money-fish’. After much investigation it was discovered he was actually made up from all sorts of bit and pieces. Wood, clay, fish skin and scales to name a few. So he isn’t part monkey or part fish at all! He’s fascinating.
5. APART FROM THE HORNIMAN MUSEUM & GARDENS WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE MUSEUM AND WHY? The Churchill War Rooms @imperialwarmuseums. I spent 10 happy years there. It’s incredible to think I walked in the footsteps of so many influential people. It’s an absolute treasure and well worth a visit! 😀😀