1. A DAY IN YOUR LIFE .. Running around with film crews! Ensuring that the shoot goes to plan but making sure their presence doesn’t have any detrimental impact to visitors or the collections. I’ve had some exciting projects lately, including filming projects with Rod Stewart, David Attenborough and most recently The Crown! ⭐️⭐️⭐️
2. WHAT PART DO YOU THINK MUSEUMS PLAY IN THE UPBRINGING OF OUR CHILDREN? Museums play a huge role. They were so influential to me as a child. It’s such a fantastic way of introducing little ones to different areas of culture; art, history and media in an exciting and interactive environment. Going to museums as a child definitely influenced me to work in one 🙌🙌🙌
3. WHAT EVENTS/EXHIBITIONS WOULD YOU RECOMMEND FOR FAMILIES? HMSB is such a fantastic place for kids. It’s an exciting environment for a child to learn about what life was like at sea during the war. During the school holidays there are always family learning events on board. Facilities for families are great too, from buggy and luggage lockers to baby changing facilities across each branch, and step free entrances.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE OBJECT IN THE MUSEUM? The rationed sugar cubes at Churchill War Rooms that were left on the desk of one of the Map Room Officers. This tiny simple object just humanises the site, and makes you realise that behind the strategy, planning, long hours and fear of bombs falling were normal people trying to do their jobs and live their lives.
5. APART FROM IWM WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE MUSEUM AND WHY? The V&A @vamuseum, its exhibitions are just top notch and the permanent collections are a never ending source of wonder.