1. A DAY IN YOUR LIFE…. No 2 days are the same. In the same day I can go from writing and designing a family trail for our holiday activities to measuring out site plans for marquees for our Food Festival which attracts over 14,000 people!
2. WHAT PART DO MUSEUMS PLAY IN THE UPBRINGING OF OUR CHILDREN? Museums play such an important role for families, some of my most vivid memories as a child are of visits to museums. If we can break down the pre-conceived conception of museums being a dull place with flashing lights above the entrance saying ‘DO NOT TOUCH’ we will attract more families with children of all ages and ensure we engage and inspire the future museum generations! 🙌
3. WHAT FACILITIES DO YOU OFFER PARENTS/GUARDIANS? We have plenty of facilities on offer for families including 2 designated family areas – our Fun ’n’ Flight hands on interactive zone and our Little Swifts under 5’s area which includes lots of flight related toys for little ones and even sofas for parents/guardians to make the most of whilst the children are playing! We have also recently launched a new initiative, supported by our local Tesco, to have supplies of nappies and wipes available should parents have forgotten these 👍
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE OBJECT IN THE MUSEUM ? This is a tough one. I would say that the Phantom and Buccaneer cockpit noses that we have in the National Cold War Exhibition are.
5. APART FROM RAFC WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE MUSEUM AND WHY? @imperialwarmuseums as I worked there for 5 years previous to here! I also recently visited the Roald Dahl and Story Centre which is extremely family friendly